We are a Rochester photographer, and we love this area! Rochester is the envy of all of Oakland County, and it truly is an amazing area to live and work – especially as a wedding photographer, high school senior photographer, or family photographer. In fact, our in-house photo editor and graphic designer Hope is a Rochester resident. We have done so much work in Rochester; the beautiful parks, the quaint downtown, and the historical neighborhoods just beg to be photographed. We are answering the call!
In fact, here are some fun facts about the rich history of Rochester, Michigan:
- The first settlers of today’s Rochester were the Graham family, who built a log cabin here in 1817.
- The log cabin they built was located at the intersection of Main and 2nd Street, where the Quik Pik and Penn Station currently are.
- The area was named after Rochester, New York, just as Rochester, Minnesota was. Many early settlers were originally from New York.
- The Clinton River and Paint Creek quickly made the area an industrial center and water power.
- The Rochester “Hometown Christmas Parade” has been a local staple since 1951.
- 22 buildings on Main Street are more than 50 years old, and many are on the State Register of Historic Places.
- The Royal Park Hotel was built in 2004, but has since housed many celebrities, including Paul McCartney, President George W. Bush, and Johnny Depp.
Facts courtesy of sussle.org.
Not only is Rochester amazing for portrait photography, but it is also a vibrant and lovely area for wedding photography. Our Rochester wedding photography has been some of our most consistent work, and our most beautiful. As a wedding photographer, some of our favorite Rochester wedding venues include the Royal Park Hotel, Meadow Brook Hall, and Great Oaks Country Club.
It’s easy to see why Rochester residents hire us as their portrait photographer – they only want the best professional photographer in the area!
Map courtesy of Google Maps.
If you’ve ever asked yourself, “Who are the best photographers near me?” look no further! Browse our website and contact us to talk about your next photo session!